Short description of the dual course
- learning to know tasks, structures and workflows
- task work and assisting in operational activities
- explaining and analysing work results verbally and in writing
- independent project work
- communication of decision-making skills
- development of skills for practice-oriented engineers
- communication of competencies at the interface between engineering and industry
- presentation of projects elaborated in the practical phase
- acquisition of key qualifications
For more information on course contents, please visit the website of the "ASW Berufsakademie Saarland e.V. Neunkirchen":
Requirements and termGood/very good A-levels ((vocational) Abitur-equivalent), 3 years
Why a Berufsakademie degree?The combination of practical orientation with the necessary scientific foundations is more convincing than ever, and met with a positive response by the A-levels ((vocational) Abitur-equivalent) graduates as well as the industry.
What makes this particular way of studying so appealing?The three-year course is characterized by a dual concept with alternating theoretical and practical phases. The practice is an integral part of the course for the students, but without neglecting the scientific relevance. As the students are also employed by the training company, the latter pays them a training salary over the three years.
Students are provided with sound technical knowledge and expertise, and acquire the ability to solve operational problems methodically, safely and purposefully.